Home Forums The Law Firm of Higbee & Associates Copyright Letter, Lawsuit and News Need Advice On How To Respond To Letter from Higbee

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Knoxville88
    Participant

Yesterday I received a letter from Higbee Associates informing me that I was in violation of using a copyright image a few times in a blog post I made back in 2016. They asked for $9500 settle. A little about my site: It’s never been incorporated as a business and is a pretty small affair overall. In total I’ve made like $50,000 from ads over the years but that is definitely not a huge success. I was pretty green back then, mostly doing stories about cute animals, endangered species, or neat scientific breakthroughs…pretty light and feel good. Anyway this has me pretty freaked out. I really don’t know what to do and I’d like to stop panicking. Any advise would be appreciated.

• This topic was modified 4 years, 7 months ago by Knoxville88.
    Knoxville88
    Participant

It would be great if someone would answer my question. I received another call from Higbee & Associates today.

Now What
    Participant

I received my first letter today and I too am struggling to figure out what the best \course of action is. There are scary stories posted by people who have been sued and there are some stories by people who said they ignored the letters and calls. I would love to get out of paying anything.

Editor
    Keymaster

We are working on a comprehensive answer to that question. We should post it in the next few days. The Higbee & Associates copyright game plan is a bit complex and difficult to predict, so there will not be a one-size-fits-all answer.

In the meantime, you might want to consult a lawyer.

• This reply was modified 4 years, 7 months ago by Editor.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to our forum!

Register

Login

Request to be contacted by an attorney who specializes in fighting these law firms. We will provide you with an attorney if an appropriate match is available for your area.

If you do not receive a match within 4 hours you can assume we do not have one available in your area.