Home Forums PicRights Copyright Letters And News Picrights Claim for Agence France Presse

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    CTownCH
    Participant

I received a demand letter from picrights claiming they represent Agence France Presse. I have removed the photo from my website, but I have not responded to them. I am worried that taking the photo of my website will make me look guilty and they will keep harassing me.

Editor
    Keymaster

First of all, there is a good chance that picrights embeds their emails with cookies or something like that which notifies them when someone opens an email.

Second, they already know you are “guilty” of using the image, that is why they are contacting you. The only questions are if you had a license (or a defense, such as fair use) or how you will respond, if at all.

If they are truly harassing you, send them an email asking them to not call or email you again. This will likely result in them stopping.

CTownCH
    Participant

I just received a letter from the Law Firm of Higbee & Associates. They are asking for more than double what picrights was asking and I removed the image right away. It makes no sense for them to ask for more money if I stopped using the image. I don’t want to get sued. Now what do I do?

CTownCH
    Participant

I just got off the phone with my brother-in-law who is an attorney. He told he that Higbee Associats sues a lot of people and that I need to get a lawyer who does copyright cases. Does anyone have experience with Steve Vodran??? It looks like he has dealed with Higbee

https://www.vondranlegal.com/copyright-watchdog-did-you-receive-a-photo-infringement-demand-letter-from-higbee-associates

Editor
    Keymaster

Not knowing how much they are asking for, all I can say is your brother is probably correct. However, if the demand amount is low enough, you might want to negotiate it yourself. It does not hurt to make an offer and see if they bite. As far as that attorney, it does look like he has experience with copyright and Higbee. It would not hurt to call him and get a free consultation. If you do, please report back how your experience was.

• This reply was modified 4 years, 6 months ago by Editor.
    J Storm

Any update on how your call went with attorney Steve Vodran? I looked at his website. It seems like he knows what he is doing and that he has experience dealing with Higbee claims.

• This reply was modified 4 years, 6 months ago by J Storm.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to our forum!

Register

Login

Request to be contacted by an attorney who specializes in fighting these law firms. We will provide you with an attorney if an appropriate match is available for your area.

If you do not receive a match within 4 hours you can assume we do not have one available in your area.